Discover the Best Treatments to Reduce Teeth Sensitivity
Are you plagued by sensitive teeth? Don’t worry – you’re not alone. Tooth sensitivity affects around half of the adults and can be incredibly uncomfortable, making it hard to enjoy certain foods or even properly brush your teeth. Fortunately, there are treatments out there to help ease the pain.
What are the Causes of Tooth Sensitivity
- Improperly Fitting Dental Restorations
- Exposed Tooth Roots
- Plaque and Tartar Buildup
- Enamel Erosion
- Teeth Grinding or Clenching
- Gum Disease
- Receding Gums
- Tooth Whitening Products Acidic or Sugary Foods and Drinks
- Tooth Decay or Cavities
Treatment for Tooth Sensitivity
- One of the most common causes of tooth sensitivity is enamel erosion, which can occur due to acidic foods or drinks, tooth grinding, or even brushing your teeth too hard. If this is the case for you, your dentist may recommend using a desensitizing toothpaste that contains fluoride or potassium nitrate. These ingredients work to strengthen your enamel and reduce the sensitivity of your teeth over time.
- Another option is to use a fluoride rinse, which can also help to strengthen your enamel and protect against decay. This is particularly useful if you have areas of your teeth that are particularly sensitive or prone to cavities.
- In more severe cases, your dentist may recommend a dental bonding procedure or a crown to protect your teeth from further damage. These treatments can be particularly effective if your sensitivity is caused by a cracked or broken tooth.
If you’re experiencing uncomfortable sensations in your teeth, schedule an appointment in Delaware about the most suitable option for your needs. Whether it’s desensitizing toothpaste, a fluoride rinse, or a dental restoration, our team at Southern Delaware Dental Specialists can provide the best treatment plan for you. Book an appointment with us today and start feeling better soon!