Dental Implants in Delaware
Teeth can be lost due to dental decay, gum diseases, and even trauma, and living with missing teeth can be a little uncomfortable. Apart from a compromised smile and aesthetics, missing teeth also put a dent in chewing abilities and speech. So, if you are tired of living with missing teeth and are searching for a more permanent teeth replacement, a dental implant may be just the right option for you.
Dental implants in Delaware are screw-shaped fixtures that are surgically placed inside the jawbone with the help of a tiny incision on your gums. Once set, they are left to integrate with the jawbone for a period of 3-6 months. In this time, the implants placed by our periodontist become firm and one with the jawbone. Once healed, a dental implant acts like the tooth’s root over which a crown is placed. Multiple dental implants can also be placed to fix a dental bridge and even a denture. Dental implants in Southern Delaware offer a realistic, elegant and permanent solution for teeth replacement.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS IN DELAWARE?
Any person who is in a good state of oral and overall health is ideally a great candidate for dental implant placement. Dental implants need adequate bone height as well as width for their placement. If you have a lesser bone or poor jawbone quality, dental implants may not be for you. However, with bone grafting and regenerative procedures performed at Southern Delaware Dental Specialists, this problem can now be easily solved.
When you come in for your appointment, please ensure that you tell Dr. Sanz, our periodontist, about any medical condition or medications you may be taking. A detailed medical history will help us give you the best dental treatment and advice possible.
ADVANTAGES OF GETTING DENTAL IMPLANTS IN DELAWARE
- Dr. Sanz is a skilled and experienced periodontist who has put thousands of dental implants in his patients. They have the required knowledge and dexterity to ensure that your treatment is a success.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution and last a lifetime with proper care, unlike dentures and dental bridges.
- They look and feel like natural teeth.
- Dental implants in Southern Delaware restore speech and chewing capabilities to as it was before.
- Prevents bone loss.
- Dental implants placed by our skilled periodontist in Delaware also help you in maintaining facial proportions and aesthetics.
- Once healed, dental implants have minimum maintenance.
- Dental implants also protect the neighboring teeth from drifting.
DISADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Although Dental implants in Delaware are the next best thing to a natural tooth, the procedure comes with its own sets of disadvantages.
- The process of getting implants is really lengthy. You have to wait for a couple of months before you are fixed with a prosthesis.
- During the initial phase of dental implant placement, you have to take proper oral hygiene measures. Otherwise, you risk infecting them. Although this is rare, it is still a possibility.
- In case of bone loss and inadequate bony support, you may have to undergo additional procedures like sinus augmentation, bone grafting, which can also lengthen the procedure.