What are dental Implants?
Dental Implants in Delaware are quickly becoming the most desired means of replacing missing teeth, and for a good reason! There is no other dental treatment in Georgetown that is as close to a natural tooth as a dental implant. A dental implant is comprised of 3 parts:
- A titanium rod that actually attaches to the jaw bone like a natural tooth root would.
- An “abutment” or part that serves to attach a crown to the implant
the crown itself.
- The titanium rod that your periodontist in Sussex County surgically places in your bone has small holes in it that your bone grows through to create a strong, natural bond. This process is called “osteointegration” and takes about 3 months to complete. It results in an attachment that is strong – just like a real tooth root.
Why dental implants?
Patients who have lost one or several of their teeth have functional and esthetic issues.
In most of our cases, dental implants in Sussex County can créate a natural, beautiful and functional bite
Here are some of the reasons to choose dental implants to get back your confidence!!!
- They look natural. They are custom made achieving excellent esthetics and function
- You will be able to smile and chew again
- You will smile with confidence
- Its long lasting and a conservative treatment option. Implants do require treatments on adjacent teeth so you only have to replace the missing tooth.
- They can last a lifetime. You have to brush them good, though
- Prevention of problems in other teeth. If a tooth is not replaced, the teeth right next to get overloaded, wear in an unhealthy way and can eventually be lost.
- Teeth tend to shift when a tooth right next to is missing leading to problems with the occlusion. Replacing missing teeth with implants, avoid that.
- It is the fixed solution that most closely resembles natural teeth. And, it has a treatment success rate of 95-98%.